Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
Have a question about our hometown? Ask it here!
  HomeHelpSearchMembersLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blower family research (Read 3357 times)
m.thodt
YaBB Newbies

I Love RAF Uxbridge!

Canada
Blower family research
Oct 19th, 2007, 6:48pm

Hello,

I don't know that I am in the right area to post this but I promised myself I would use every avenue possible in my research.  I live in Canada and my grandfather was born in the USA, however his father, Joseph Blower, was born in Puriton 5 Feb 1842.  He married Anna Maria Sims who was born 23 April 1844 in Somershire, England.  They married in 1869 in London and left immediately for the US.  His youngest sister's name was Mary Jane Blower b: 3 Feb 1850 in Puriton.  She married Alber John Pain abt: 1880 and took over the family home.  Their childrens names were Frederick, William, Albert, Laura, Clara and Charles.
The Blower family has a long history in Puriton going back to the 1600's with the first being Robert Blower b: 1600 and buried (31 May 1671) at the St. Michael and all Angels Anglican Church in Puriton.  This church is the resting place of a great many of my family.

My grandfather was one of eleven children born (1878) in the US.  He left the states and came to Canada abt 1900 and resided on Vancouver Island where my father was born.  My father then moved his family in 1959 1,000 miles north to Terrace, B.C.  As such I know few of my relatives in B.C. and none in the US, although I have made contact with a few over the web since starting this project.

It is my hope that through this forum I may find someone who knows members of my family that may still be in the area of Puriton.  I am also trying to find out more about this area such as population stats going back as far as possible.  If you can help, believe me I could sure use it, and would appreciate it very much.

Thank-you,
Marilyn

m.thodt@yahoo.com

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print